Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Leaving for the Field - June 2007

Moving to West Africa!
I have great news! My time has finally come to enter ministry to West Africa. I will be leaving for Lagos, Nigeria on June 14th to serve the Lord for 3 years in West Africa. I am excited about what the Lord is doing in West Africa, particularly among the Nigerian believers to reach North Africans and the world.


The Lord has been truly amazing in my life. In Colorado Springs the Lord said to me that He desired to turn my old wineskins into new. Little did I know how much I would be stretched and at the same time broken. Initially, I wanted Him to "hurry up" and send me to West Africa so that I may "get on with ministry". However, He works according to His own timing. It was necessary for me to receive new wineskins through formal and informal training to work in a non-Western culture. This time also allowed me to experience Him in a more intimate way. Thank God for His time of preparation.



What will I do in West Africa?
I will be serving Pastors Gabriel and Joy Nuagbe, AF’s West African field directors, and a network of West African churches. A great part of my ministry in West Africa is to develop disciples and train leaders to reach out to the unreached in West and Northern Africa, and eventually the world. This includes conducting evangelistic events, ministry weekend retreats and placing new converts in a community of believers. The ministry will utilize cell groups to develop these converts. I will also be ministering and training a group of single women for ministry and missionary service.

I will spend some time in Benin and Ghana doing the same type of ministry. Other ministry goals are to assist AF in carrying out its vision for the West African Ministries. These goals are to:


1) Assist in the development of the Discipleship Training Center;


2) Assist West Africans in developing businesses that will financially self-support their ministries; and


3) Develop a half-way house for newly converted Muslims (due to persecution, and the way Islamic beliefs are embedded in their culture, former Muslims are often forced to leave their families and communities).


Along with the prayer requests in the "Links" section, please pray for strength and wisdom to accomplish these goals. Thank you for your continued love, support and prayers!